Welcome to Owen's room! I don't usually take part in
Kelly's Show Us Your Life Fridays (because I am one of those who would want to do a deep cleaning long before the camera ever came out of the camera bag). I did, however, want to take part this time to let others have a peek into my favorite room in our house! We have a cute house...moderately decorated, great location, "picked up" but not always deep cleaned, and just the right size for our family of 3...but Owen's room is by far the BEST!! These pictures are over a year old and were taken last summer as we got things finished and in place before he arrived on November 20, 2009. Nothing has really changed much decor-wise, but the furniture has been rearranged recently.
Here is the view from the hallway with the door closed. I got these letters at Hobby Lobby and painted them the colors of his bedding. I stuck them to the door with Velcro. I love that stuff!

This is the ceiling fan I painted. This room did not have a ceiling fan when we moved in, but we added one once we knew Owen would be joining our family. I painted it with the exact same paints as I did the letters above.

This is my favorite part of the room! We call it Owen’s “plaid wall” but I guess, technically, it is more of a “block wall.” Call it what you will, but I LOVE IT!! Austin (my husband) and I used a laser level and three different widths of tape to get the design on the wall and then my mom came over to paint the boxes. We told her random was the key, and we love how it turned out!

Here is a picture of the wall with the bedding. We are dog lovers, so we chose Carter's Puppy Tales as Owen's bedroom theme!

This is Owen's dresser. On it is the Puppy Tale's lamp that we use nearly every night while we put Owen to bed.

Owen's crib has probably changed the most. It now sits against the "plaid wall" and the bumper and mobile have been removed.

I made the wall hangings above Owen's crib last summer. They are fabric pieces that I sewed together. I then used an old pair of blue jeans for the letters. I traced the same letters you saw in the first picture above and adhered them to the fabric with some sticky iron on stuff (the name escapes me). Once that was done, I zigzagged around each letter for a more completed look! I love them. Owen does too. Especially the "n" since it was within his reach up until recently. He loved knocking it off the wall and watching it fall!

This is one of the only pictures I have of the room "being lived in" and even there, it has changed a little recently with my desire to rearrange. I love the rocking chair. It belonged to my late Gramma Lovell, so it is a wonderful addition to my little boy's room. It was a dark stained color but we painted it to match the caramel color used throughout the room.

Thanks for stopping by to see Owen's room.
:) Carianne
You are so crafty! What an adorable nursery! Love the fan!
ReplyDelete