Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

11 months

Precious Owen, you are 11 months old today! It seems like just a couple days ago that I was sitting down to write your 10-month post. I feel like I have not documented information very well this month, but I will do my best to remember as much as I can. Something that I do know is that you are very active! More to come on that in the pictures below. Well, it is quite late tonight as I get this post started and I am just now realizing that I do not have any measurements for you from today. Looks like we will have to try to get those done tomorrow when Daddy gets home from work. I would try to measure you with my measuring tape sometime during the day, but HA HA HA HA HA!! That is absolutely hilarious to think that you would sit still, or lie still, long enough for me to measure you! Never ever going to happen!! Ever. I will put some blanks here just so I can remember to come back in a day or so and fill them in. (Ok, so it's a few days later, but we measured you the day after your 11 month birthday and Mommy wrote the info down on a Post-it note. Just as we suspected, you were as squirmy and uncooperative as ever!) Weight: 26 pounds Height: 32 inches (same as last month - ??) Head Circumference: 19.5 inches (same as last month - ??) As I mentioned in the 10-month post, I knew that by this time your birthday party plans would be in full swing! I was not kidding. Things are coming together beautifully and plans are very much underway! Invitations are pretty much done, party supplies have been purchased, cake plans are exciting Mommy to the point of not sleeping at night (just kidding), decorations are gathered, and anything else that needs to be thought about has been! The theme of the party is farm animals and the decor looks something like this: You are still wearing a size 4 diaper and 12- or 18-month clothing. Just for comfort as you crawl and stand and sit and scoot and lay (and repeat 13,942 times a day), Mommy has been putting you in mostly 18-month clothing. Just tonight, I noticed your 12-month footed jammies are a bit snug in the feet, so it looks like we will be putting those away when the time comes to put up all your summer stuff. The days have been warm, but the mornings and evenings are cool, so it will be mostly jeans or sweats from here on out. When it comes to food, this is where I don't feel like I documented things very well. Last month, I had a list on the counter with :) and :( that I would add to each time you tried something new, but this month, that just did. not. happen. I know you have tried several new foods, I just may not remember them all. Grammy Kitty thought you needed an Oreo, so here is what you thought of that: It was so cute because Grammy opened the Oreo in front of you and you immediately knew what to do! You scraped the cream off with your teeth a little at a time and thought it was pretty yummy. You giggled the whole time. We have had a lot of steamed veggies lately...sweet potato mostly, but other veggies as well. You like chicken noodle soup, the stars variety and the alphabet vegetable variety. Mommy mixes the noodles and/or vegetables with some warm water and rice cereal and you love it. You love Papa's homemade applesauce and have nearly gone through an entire jar by yourself. We mix it with various things and you just love it. Mommy made chicken pot pie muffins the other night and you loved those. You still enjoy yogurt everyday as well as a banana. You get to feed yourself a lot more often than this time last month, but sometimes Mommy just has to feed you to avoid a mess (because bath time and/or changing clothes may not fit into the schedule with students coming over). You do pretty well feeding yourself, except for the whole mess factor! 3 things that happen: you throw food on the floor - mess #1, food falls down into the seat of your highchair - mess #2, and food ends up lots of places...in between each and every one of your fingers, in your hair, along your eyebrows, in your lap, stuck to your clothes, etc - mess #3. Mommy knows that this is an important way for you to learn to feed yourself, but sometimes it just can't be that way. We are also working on sippy cups and hope to have you completely off bottles within the next month. You don't seem to mind the cup, but you aren't as well-trained with them as you are the bottle! Every day is an opportunity to learn and practice, so that is what we will keep doing. Mommy is looking forward to this being your last month on formula. You will be allowed to have real milk at that time, and we will continue to introduce you to as many foods as possible. You still have 8 teeth, but they have grown in quite a bit! You look more like a 2-year-old than a near-one-year-old. You have stopped grinding your teeth, Praise the Lord!! You crawl and stand and crawl and stand and crawl and stand about 100 times a day. At least. You walk along EVERYTHING you can touch...the back door, the dining room, the couches, the DVD racks in the hall, the refrigerator/stove/cabinets, the back side of the front door, etc. You would much rather stand and walk, but you know how fast you can crawl, so you opt for that mode of transportation the most. You have started "challenging" yourself when it comes to crawling because you now like to crawl with something in each hand. This forces you to use your elbows more. It is really cute, and if you think those 2 items slow you down...they don't!!! In the last 4-5 days, you have started taking 3 and 4 steps here and there. Yesterday when Daddy was home with you, he texted me and said you had taken 13 steps unassisted. I replied and said, "HOLY MOLY." Today, you took 9 steady steps before falling down, so it looks like you will be toddling all over the place in just a matter of days. I better get some rest and buy some energy bars, huh, Little Fellow?!?! Your sleeping pattern remains the same...10-12 hours at night and 2-3 naps during the day. It seems that you take 2 naps most often, but there are times when you want to take a third nap. Mommy enjoys that surprise third nap because she is able to get some things done around the house! Your sounds and babbling have changed quite a bit. You have started a new sound "pah-tha" that you say A LOT!! You haven't said anything resembling "mama" or "dada" in a very long time, but today, you started saying what sounds like "mom." Who knows what you will do/say next! I wish you were talking a little more than you currently are, but you are doing just fine. Mommy has started having you repeat the /p/ and /b/ sounds so that is pretty cute. You still don't say "hi" or "bye" but you do raise you arm up in the air like you want to give a high five. Sometimes you do it when someone is leaving the room or house, but other times you don't. You got your 5th haircut this month! Mommy decided it was time and took off quite a bit of length one night during your bath. (The idea was so it would have time to grow back out before your birthday party!) We love your long, straight hair! You get so many compliments on it! Your favorite face is a wide open mouth accompanied by rapid hand and leg movements. You move your wrists around in circles very quickly and kick your legs when you are excited or very interested in something! It makes everyone laugh! Sometimes you scrunch up your nose, which also makes people laugh! Such a character, that's you!! You are interested in sounds, movement, music, toys, outdoors, people, going places, laughing, squirming, pretty much everything! You are such a happy boy and you really do love life. I just think about your smile and how much you love being active and (while it makes me tired sometimes) it really makes my heart happy! I love being your mom and Daddy loves being your dad. We are two people who don't deserve a boy as amazing as you, but we sure are thankful that God thinks otherwise. You are such a little blessing. A sweet little gift from God, and we love you to the core! Love, Mommy and Daddy This little Play Hut set was a Christmas gift from Gramommy (Austin's mom) and he really enjoys crawling through it and playing with all the plastic balls. It is really (I mean REALLY) fun tracking down all those balls at night when it is time to pick up toys! ;) So. Normally, I like to post the milestone picture at the very beginning of the post. Today was quite different for numerous reasons! First of all, Owen has a cold, so that made him a little less camera-ready. His poor little snotty nose was priority number one today!! Second of all, I was all alone at home, hoping I could capture the perfect shot and post this blog while Owen napped. (We know now that THAT didn't happen!!) Third of all, Owen is one squirmy little dude! Once you get through all the pictures below, you may be, just maybe, as tired as I was after all the attempts. In each picture, there was one thing or another going right, but they never all lined up to create that "perfect" picture. When the light was good and the "11 months" paper was in place, Owen wasn't looking. When he was looking, the paper was nowhere even close to being seen. When I tried other options for placing the sign, Owen figured it out. It was fun, just like anything else we do together, but tiring just the same. Notice also that the sign looks more and more pitiful the further down you go. This one ended up being the best, and I was juuuuuuust about to call it good and use it... ...but when Daddy came home several hours (and an outfit change) later... BINGO!!! The perfect picture and a perfect way to end the post! (And yes, I made a new sign!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment