Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

a singing sensation

last night at the midland rockhounds game, our four-and-a-half-year-old nephew, deuce, sang "take me out to the ballgame" in the presence of about 5,000 baseball fans. his grandparents drove in from houston for the occasion, as did his great aunt and uncle from dallas and his great aunt and uncle from kermit! of course his mom, dad, and sisters were there as were my parents, austin, and me. we had seats in the box that my mom's employers sponsor, so the view of the game and post-game fireworks show was fantastic.
there was a little bit of a "singing debut" mix-up at the game, but in the end, all worked out well! a quartet scheduled to sing "god bless america" during the 7th inning stretch went immediately into their own arrangement of "take me out to the ballgame" while deuce was supposed to be taking the field. oops!! thankfully, the behind-the-scenes people came up to the box afterwards to make things right. deuce got to sing out on the field with rocky rockhound during the middle of the 9th. he did an amazing job, looked into the crowd the whole time, and did not miss a word! he got a standing ovation and at least a hundred high fives mixed with compliments on the way back up to the box. what a cutie! we were all so proud!

4 comments:

  1. HOW PRECIOUS! I BET HE WAS AN ABSOLUTE DOLL! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING GREAT THIS WEEK! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Carianne~Thanks for sharing! I was very anxious to hear about it and see a picture. What a bummer about the mix-up, but glad he was able to sing at the end! Hope you enjoyed all your family - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Carianne, Uncle Austin and Owen~ Thank you for coming to see me sing and for putting my pictures on the computer!! I had a lot of fun and am glad you were there with me!
    I love you a lot!!! Deuce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just picture it: all the women-folk holding back the men as they attempted to throat-punch the quartet (Oh, the memories).

    I wish I could have been there. Alas, I must conserve funds and energy until work can be found. I would hate for Owen to find work before me. I mean, Deuce's forey into entertainment was inevitable, so I can understand him outearning me by the time he's five or so, but to be outmanned by a fetus... that's unacceptable.

    Love,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete