Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

This, That, and The Other.

Greetings Blog World!  I hope this finds you enjoying June, the summer, and your family! 
We've been busy on and off with the end of the school year, a bit of weekend travelling, having our nieces stay with us for a week, regular to dos, etc.  I have a few pictures from the last couple weeks, but of course there were times when the camera just wasn't "at the ready" so we missed out.  Such is life.        
While at Dollar General recently, Owen spotted this "face" and loved it.  Since it was only a dollar, I got it for him and it instantly became his best friend.  Then the stick caused him a scratch/slight-puncture injury following a fall, so the stick was thrown away and the balloon became less enjoyable.  It was fun while it lasted, and while he still says "face!" in an excited voice when he sees his balloon, it's just not the same.  :(

Trying to bop Mommy on the head. 

I taught him an "exchange" game where he puts the stick in his mouth and then I get another part of the stick in my mouth, and so on and so forth.  It made him giggle, especially when I would steal a kiss right before I would get the stick in my mouth.

More game-playing fun! 

"Cymbals" are so fun!  And L.O.U.D.  :)  He loves getting these out of the cabinet and clanking them together!! 

Memorial Day weekend, we went to Odessa for a few days.  We had a nice time with family.  We played games, ate, visited, saw relatives from out of town, went to a baseball game, and relaxed. 
Sadly, this was the only picture I got.  
 
Owen got a buzz. 
:( 
We miss his long hair, but we know he's much cooler without it. 

Hello double cowlick! 
Anyway....
We graduated to brass instrument mouthpieces.  Daddy is in charge of all musical talent development, just so everyone is clear on that!  I have academics under control, but Daddy's got anything and everything music!! 
 
He (attempted) to walk around in Daddy's shoes.  Owen has gotten to the point where he will say 2 word phrases but he says them all in an identical manner... The first word is lower pitched than the second word, no matter what phrase it is.  His favorites are "Yellow. Bus." and "Daddy's. Shoes."  It's a little hard to explain, but as I type, I can hear it VERY clearly in my mind! 

 
He knows the largest mouthpiece belongs to the tuba. 

Owen got a new bowling set just like the one we got for his friend, Jacen, who turned 2 a couple weeks ago.  It has been lots of fun.  He knows that his fingers have to go in specific places on the ball so he'll bring the ball to me and say "fingers" so I can help.

Just a cute picture of our boy! 

More bowling fun! 

Daddy's. Shoes. Again.  Haha.

Owen's bike trailer!!!  This is amazing.  It was a gift from Uncle Ashley and Aunt Bev and we have already had loads of fun with it!  My not-so-new "new" purple Schwinn bike was given to me by Aunt Bev as well.  It is an old-fashioned bike with coaster brakes that belonged to her friend, Barbara.  It's nothing fancy.  Lavendar.  One speed.  Perfect.  I love it and I love taking Owen out on bike rides around the neighborhood. 

All ready to go! 

We got this little inflatable pool at Kohl's a few months ago on a great sale and with a coupon, so we were glad to get it set up on the back porch for Owen this week.  He has only been in it once so far, but we plan on using it all summer.  Thankfully, the porch is mostly shaded. 

The beach ball was a "bonus" that came with the pool.

I was lucky to get this shot of him smiling!  He never looks at me when I call his name with the camera in-hand! 

Owen RUNS to the fridge when the door gets opened.  He says "bench!, bench!, bench!" which means just that!  He thinks opening the fridge is an opportunity for him to sit on a bench.  Of course with that means unloading all the contents of the door onto the floor.  In this picture, he has the Louisiana hot sauce!  I have another picture on my phone of the same pose, only in that one, he's holding his face balloon. 

And on a completely unrelated note.  Do you see this?  This is a few weeks worth of junk mail...NOT including shredded documents or catalogs.  I keep it in a wrought iron wall basket and when it gets full, I have to MAKE myself deal with it.  Uggg.  Number ONE pet peeve, right there!!!  I know it could be worse.  I guess I will be thankful that I have a house to live in...complete with mailbox.  :)    

Happy day to each of you,
Carianne


1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! I LOVE the buzz cut...it makes him look a lot older - wow! Looks like you guys are really enjoying summer so far. Side note - I did enjoy the Science Spectrum pictures and left a comment, but I guess it didn't work? Strange! Are you still keeping up with your "Things to be Happy About..." - no pressure, I just enjoyed those :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete