Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

If You’re Happy & You Know It…Installment Two


·         Sleeping with the window open/Sleeping with socks on – This really only applies to the winter months, but I do love snuggling up 1.) in bed 2.) under my two blankets 3.) in a cold room 4.) with socks on.  About 90% of the time, I end up kicking my socks off in the night, but it’s nice to start a night’s sleep cuddled up in covers with warm feet.  
  
·         Creative mind – I like to think I have a few creative juices flowing through me!  If I had an unlimited supply of funding, I would love to paint rooms in our home, jazz up picture frames, create one-of-a-kind wall art, mix and match fun décor items, etc.  I am not too much into drawing or sketching as I am into creating things out of craft supplies.  If I could make a living doing it, I most certainly would!     

·         Succumbing to your urge to nap – I love me some good nap time!  I very rarely get the chance to snooze anymore, but I love being able to crawl into bed knowing I can have some uninterrupted, peaceful, middle-of-the-day sleep!  1 ½ to 2 hours is the perfect nap length in my opinion!

·         Bobbing a tea bag – In the last several months, I have become a tea drinker!  I like making chai tea and herbal tea.  My favorite is vanilla chai from Bigelow brewed in water and then made perfect with splenda/sugar and milk!  Mmmm.  Hot tea just feels good all over.  I like it iced too, but I rarely have the patience to let it cool down!  Starbucks makes a really yummy chai with Tazo brand concentrate, but since I don’t like to spend money, I just do it in my kitchen!   

·         The joy of being kind – Oh, Kindness!  The world could use more of you!  There are so many people who don’t know how to be kind and/or choose not to be kind and it just tears me up inside!  Sadly, sometimes I am one of those people.  I get so impatient and selfish that I sometimes don’t think.  The good news is that I always apologize when I say something unkind and then I strive from that point on to be a better person.  I am (very much) a work in progress!  I feel that helpful, loving, generous, compassionate, friendly, KIND people are what this world needs!   

·         Basic, easy-to-follow recipes – If a recipe leaves out an important step, seems a bit unclear, is too involved, or has too many hard-to-find/weird ingredients, I usually steer clear.  I never mind a challenge, but when it’s a guessing game, I don’t really like to take chances.  I am so thankful for the internet, cookbooks, recipes given to me, and my mom’s knowledge to help me in new culinary situations.  I love cooking, baking, making snacks, trying new recipes, seeing others enjoy my tasty treats, and adding new recipes to my “favorites.”    

·         Waking up to snow – I always loved when I would wake up to find that school had been cancelled due to snow!  Those were the best days off because they were unexpected! Living 2 hours north of where I grew up, it is a bit colder here.  Snow is more likely to fall in Lubbock during the winter months compared to “down south” in Odessa!  Most of the time, the school district will announce a delayed start rather than a cancellation, so kids here usually don’t get to experience that awesome feeling I used to experience!!     

·         BLTs – Oh man!  I love BLTs!  I like the bread lightly toasted with a light smear of mayo!  Mmmmm.  Add a handful of chips and a dill pickle on the side plus a nice cold beverage and we have a winner!  

·         Having two pets – Our dear sweet pair of pups, Olive and Shelby, are such a special part of our family!  Shelby’s the outdoors-y type while Olive prefers to spend much of her time relaxing indoors – as far away from Owen as possible.  Haha!  All kidding aside, they are such wonderful dogs and we love them very much…our canine kids!!     

·         A day with friends – I cannot remember the last time I had an entire day with (a) friend(s), but I do love my friends!  “Friend time” is like no other...  There is just a special bond, fun memories, contagious laughter, a strong connection, a feeling of love and acceptance that can’t be felt with anyone other than a dear friend! 

·         A romantic dinner – Austin and I don’t have the chance to go out much.  Ever.  If and when we do, we go the casual route and just enjoy having a bit of a break from high chairs, sippy cups, food messes, diaper bags, and strollers.  I think we’ve gone to eat alone only three times in fifteen months!  When it comes to “romantic” we don’t really have any gushy, candlelight, all-dressed-up, expensive, “romantic” dinner desires.  That setting and those things just don’t fit us.  It’s pretty simple.  We like to be together.  We like to eat.  We like a variety of foods and restaurants.  Oh, and I like to be cheap.  Haha!  I guess I chose this as a “happie” for those reasons as opposed to the romantic option.  I guess if I reworded the “happie” it would just say “A dinner” or “Dinner with your spouse.”  Haha!!!!!

·         Making progress – I love projects, but I love them done now.  My way.  Perfectly.  Without breaks.  Without interruptions.  Organized.  That’s just the way it is.  Our garage, my office, and the shelving in my clothes closet are all things I would like to “make progress” on.  Now.  My way.  Perfectly.  Without breaks.  Without interruptions.  Organized.  :D   

·         Heart-shaped pizza – This was a “happie” listed on Valentine’s Day and that is exactly what we had for dinner that night!  Heart-shaped pepperoni pizza and a smores dessert pizza, both courtesy of Papa Murphy’s!  It was oh-so-yummy!   

·         Certified public accountants – I happen to love my/our CPA because he is my Uncle Lon!  He is an amazing uncle, very caring and complimentary, extremely talented in many ways, an excellent pancake-maker, and quite generous!  I have such fond memories of him and my Aunt Kathy growing up and even moreso now that I am an adult, married and with a little one!  I also love that he hired my very best friend, Riley, nearly 5 years ago!!      

·         An invitation to lunch/Chatting and eating – We all have to eat…and what better way to enjoy a meal than with a dear friend, loved one, or a combination of the two!  Some of my best memories come from dining with someone I care about.   

·         Kitchen drawer stuff – I like to have an assortment of gadgets that make kitchen experiences easier and more fun.  My current kitchen drawer favorites are my tea bag squeezer and our new egg cracker!  What fun!   

·         Remembering what you’ve learned – My mommy-memory is nothing like the memory I used to have, unfortunately, but I do love remembering things I have learned:  school subjects to trivia to interesting facts to helpful hints to people’s names to events and milestones to jokes and so on.     

·         Nature’s gifts – Trees, grass, flowers, shrubs, sunrises, sunsets, streams, oceans, clouds, fields, forests, farmland…I love it all.  Thank you, God, for making so many beautiful, colorful, breathtaking things for us to feast our eyes on each day! 

·         The Internet on your phone – I am not too into technology, but I do like having the Internet on my phone.  It comes in handy when I am waiting in line somewhere, bored on a road trip, looking up a phone number, etc.  I could certainly do without Internet service on my phone since I have it at home, but it’s a nice convenience in this fast-paced, technology-driven world!    

·         Toasted cheese sandwiches – I call these ‘grilled’ cheese…and I’ve been told I make a mean one.  Paired with tomato soup or some hot chicken noodle soup, there’s just nothing better!!     

·         Your beverage of choice – I like water throughout the day, usually cool from the freezer door with no ice.  Occasionally, I enjoy a cup of hot chai tea, a glass of chocolate/white milk, a cup of coffee, a diet drink of some kind, or yummy fruit juice.  I know most beverages are packed with calories, so I try to limit those as much as possible!     

·         Yogurt’s smoothness/Making a smoothie for breakfast – I have not made a smoothie in a very long time, but my favorite combination includes: (fresh or frozen ~ whatever I happen to have on hand) blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, banana, lowfat yogurt, and light fruit juice or low-fat milk.  The blended goodness is not only delicious, but also healthy, satisfying, and convenient!   

·         Being realistic – I try so hard to be realistic, but I fall short more times that I would like to admit.  I tend to set high expectations for myself and others, which isn’t always the most realistic thing to do.  Call me a perfectionist.  Call me anal.  Call me annoying…haha.  Whatever you want to call me, remember (and I repeat) that I am a work in progress! 

·         A sewing machine hard at work – I just learned to sew about a year ago and I love it!  I have yet to tackle clothing and anything terribly difficult though.  What I like to make are quilt tops!  I have made several to date and look forward to being able to work on more in the future.  It’s a neat way to see creative ideas and precision come together into a beautiful work of (cozy) art!

·         Having people to love – Nothing says happiness like love from another person.  I am so blessed to have people in my life that I love with ALL my heart…a loving husband, an amazing baby boy, supportive family, caring friends, determined students, and even my sweet pups!!

·         Rubbing your hands over a crewcut – I love the feeling of a crewcut!!  It’s so soft and fuzzy. 

·         Clean pillows – I love crawling into a bed that has just had the sheets and pillowcases changed.  The softness and smell are unmatched in my book.  Cozy and wonderful! 

·         Sticky-note reminders – I am happy about sticky notes and the fact that they were created for human use…but I have a problem utilizing them properly!  You can read about that here. 

·         The perfect cup of coffee – I am not a daily coffee drinker.  I love it, but I don’t make it often.  I rarely visit the local Starbuck’s or Daybreak coffee shops.  If coffee’s there, I drink it, but if it’s not, I drink something else.  When I do have coffee, I like it made all different ways!  Sometimes I just add milk.  Sometimes I add milk and sugar/splenda.  Other times, if and when I have flavored creamer on hand, that makes for a yummy cup of coffee too!  Sometimes I make it iced, and other times I enjoy the steamy warmth!      

Happy March!
Carianne

No comments:

Post a Comment