Bed size: We have a queen-size bed. We love love love our cozy pillow-top mattress! Our wood and wrought iron headboard was given to us by a dear friend, Debbie Tucker.
Chore you dislike: All of them. Just kidding. I guess I would have to say dusting. Or washing muffin tins. Or cleaning toilets. None of those are very fun at all.
Dogs: 8 1/2 year old terrier mix, Olive and 3 1/2 year old German shepherd, Shelby. We heart our pups A LOT!!
Essential start to your day: I have recently become an oatmeal ADDICT so in the morning, I can't wait to make a bowl. I get the old fashioned oats in bulk at a local farmer's market grocery store and to them, I add a sprinkle of brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and dried cranberries.
Favorite color: Green. I love all greens. Lime, kelly, avocado, jade, forest, olive, teal, etc. My second "fav" is red.
Gold or silver: silver
Height: 5’10″
Instruments you play: I played the clarinet from 7th grade through 12th grade and those years in band were some of the BEST years of my life...so many memories and treasured friends.
Job title: I am a stay-at-home mom mixed with a private tutor and homeschool teacher (for the children of other people).
Job title: I am a stay-at-home mom mixed with a private tutor and homeschool teacher (for the children of other people).
Kids: Owen, the 2nd love of my life.
Live: Lubbock, Texas...but home will always be Odessa, Texas
Mom’s name: Kathryn Rose, a.k.a. Kitty (Side note: My mom is amazing and wonderful and selfless and kind and hard-working and talented...and EVERYTHING I want to be as a wife and mother.)
Nickname: I have no nicknames and for that, I am so grateful! I LOVE my name very very very much and find joy in the fact that it was never shortened or ignored.
Overnight hospital stay: I stayed in the hospital 3 nights after having Owen. Overall, it was a great experience.
Nickname: I have no nicknames and for that, I am so grateful! I LOVE my name very very very much and find joy in the fact that it was never shortened or ignored.
Overnight hospital stay: I stayed in the hospital 3 nights after having Owen. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pet peeves: Oh wow. I wasn't prepared for this one. I have so many. I guess junk mail. (After visiting the site getannoyed.com just now, I am 'smelling' a pet peeve blog post in the future!! Haha!)
Quote: How about Scripture? Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
Righty or Lefty: Righty!
Siblings: 2 brothers. Joe is 33 and Andy turned 30 last week.
Time you wake up: Because Owen is a fairly late sleeper, I wake up between 8:30 and 9:00 most days. I am going to start retraining my body to become more of a morning person so I can go to bed at a decent time and wake up earlier to accomplish a handful of tasks.
Underwear: JCPenney. Nothing fancy, nothing pricey. Just necessary.
Vegetables you don’t like: Oh gosh, I love every vegetable I have ever tried. Corn, green beans, broccoli, squash, bell peppers, onions, potatoes, zucchini, asparagus, brussel sprouts, radishes, celery, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, etc. I did have beets once mixed in a soup and it was pretty gross, so I will say BEETS!!
What makes you run late: I am rarely late now that I have a little one to tend to. Weird, I know. You'd think it would be the opposite. I guess the thing that makes me late (if and when I am late) would be lack of planning...not having something I need to take with me near my purse, forgetting that I needed one more thing, getting outside only to realize I need a jacket...things like that!
Xrays you had: Just those done on my teeth each year, and sonograms on my belly on and off throughout 2009 when Owen lived within! :)
Yummy food that you make: Oh, I have to say that I make many many many yummy things because I enjoy cooking and baking a great deal. I'll say my frosing-mixed-in-the-batter cakes are atop of the yummy list at the moment. I've got it down to a science and it only took a dozen failed attempts early on! (This really is a hard question though...meatloaf and spaghetti sauce come to mind too!!)
Zoo animal favorites: I love the lanky gracefulness of a giraffe! And they have really cool purplish-black tongues! I can't wait until we can take Owen to the zoo!
Happy week to each of you!
Righty or Lefty: Righty!
Siblings: 2 brothers. Joe is 33 and Andy turned 30 last week.
Time you wake up: Because Owen is a fairly late sleeper, I wake up between 8:30 and 9:00 most days. I am going to start retraining my body to become more of a morning person so I can go to bed at a decent time and wake up earlier to accomplish a handful of tasks.
Underwear: JCPenney. Nothing fancy, nothing pricey. Just necessary.
Vegetables you don’t like: Oh gosh, I love every vegetable I have ever tried. Corn, green beans, broccoli, squash, bell peppers, onions, potatoes, zucchini, asparagus, brussel sprouts, radishes, celery, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, etc. I did have beets once mixed in a soup and it was pretty gross, so I will say BEETS!!
What makes you run late: I am rarely late now that I have a little one to tend to. Weird, I know. You'd think it would be the opposite. I guess the thing that makes me late (if and when I am late) would be lack of planning...not having something I need to take with me near my purse, forgetting that I needed one more thing, getting outside only to realize I need a jacket...things like that!
Xrays you had: Just those done on my teeth each year, and sonograms on my belly on and off throughout 2009 when Owen lived within! :)
Yummy food that you make: Oh, I have to say that I make many many many yummy things because I enjoy cooking and baking a great deal. I'll say my frosing-mixed-in-the-batter cakes are atop of the yummy list at the moment. I've got it down to a science and it only took a dozen failed attempts early on! (This really is a hard question though...meatloaf and spaghetti sauce come to mind too!!)
Zoo animal favorites: I love the lanky gracefulness of a giraffe! And they have really cool purplish-black tongues! I can't wait until we can take Owen to the zoo!
Happy week to each of you!
Carianne


What a fun activity! I'm going to have to do this on our blog as well. I enjoyed your ABCs! Since you are on an "oatmeal kick" I need to share a yummy recipe for a new oatmeal we've been making - I'm hooked. I'll have to make a note to e-mail it to you! Take care...
ReplyDelete