On Halloween last year, I was 36 weeks pregnant! It's hard to think about what I was doing at that time. Most likely, I was lounging around enjoying the last few weeks of my pregnancy, eating massive amounts of Halloween candy, finishing up last minute before-the-baby-arrives projects, and feeling Owen kick and squirm around in my belly.
This year on Halloween, our soon-to-be one-year-old boy got to go a few places for trick-or-treating fun! Since Owen can't have candy and going around our neighborhood to the houses of people we don't know very well didn't sound like too much fun, we decided to hand pick a few places to go show off our little monkey. He had a great time and so did Mommy, Daddy, and Gramommy (Austin's mom).
We started the evening at the Tucker's house. This is Debbie, the mom of Davis (one of my students going on 4 years now).

Next, we went to Grammie Lu's house so Owen could play with her round, orange, plastic canvas, yarn coasters. He loves those things and went right for them when we put him down.

Here's Little Monkey with his great-grandma, the GREAT Grammie Lu!

Our next stop was the Monterey Church of Christ Trunk or Treat! Dear friends Kyle and Stephanie (that I met at Angelo State 13 years ago) invited us. Here you see their twins Jacen (Spiderman) and Nathan (Superman) along with Owen. It was nice to see them among the chaos of kids, cars, candy, costumes, and people! It has been waaaaay too long since we have gotten together and we had a really nice time walking around and visiting with them.

Next stop...the Brazell's house. This is Casey...girlfriend of Owen's Uncle Kyle. She is a wonderful, kind-hearted, Godly girl, and our whole family loves her, including Monkey Boy!

Our last stop was the Moss' house. I thought I had a better picture on my camera, but as it turns out, I didn't. Sorry to Amy for having to use a closed-eye picture. Nice smile there, James! Thanks to James and Amy for loving our boy almost as much as we do!

Hope all of you were able to make some fun Halloween memories.
:) Carianne
What an adorable monkey!! Where is the picture of Mommy and Daddy with the monkey? I love the new blog design - so fun and festive for this time of year!
ReplyDelete