Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day-by-Day

Once or twice a day, I have the chance to get on facebook for a few minutes to see what my 231 facebook "friends" are up to. Over the last year and a half, it has been fun to reconnect with old friends (elementary, high school, and college), family members, teachers, as well as other people from my past and present. There are some days when I have a fun "status update" to share and then other days, I simply draw a blank. I can almost guarantee that is the case with most other people on facebook too! Whatever day it is and whatever is (or isn't) on my mind, it is nice to see people comment and ask about things going on with me and it is equally fun to comment and ask other people what is going on with them! Like I said...just a fun way to reconnect. At the end of October, there was a "universal" status update being posted by some of my friends suggesting that you be thankful for something each day in November and post it as your status update. I thought to myself "Hey, I can do that!!" ...and so I have. It is just now the mid-way point in November, but I wanted to share the thankfulness I have felt during the first half of the month with the blogging world! I thought it would get harder and harder to be thankful for things as the days go (I mean FLY) by, but I have had no trouble thinking of things. To some, a few of my statements of thanks may seem silly, but to me, they are genuine! It's been a tough 6 months with my sweet nephew (Deuce) being gone. I am trying to work through my anger toward God for taking Deuce away from us and find appreciation in the things He has given me. I think that is the main reason I jumped on board the facebook day-by-day activity! Maybe it is helping me heal. Maybe it isn't. I don't really know. I do know that the hard part has been this: In my being thankful, I don't want people to think I am "back to normal." I will never be "back to normal" but I still need to "praise God in the storm" that shattered our family on May 1. (The song "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns was sung in church today and I listened to the words differently than I usually do.) Here is the list of status updates I have posted on facebook thus far...and I have plenty more ideas in my head for upcoming days. Tis the season of thanks, so despite the storm, I am finding it within myself to say "Thanks be to God." Just as I am saying thanks day-by-day, I too, am mending my broken heart day-by-day. Nov 1 ~ I am thankful for my hard-working, sweet husband who puts up with me day after day. I love him for all that he is and for all that he does for our family.

Nov 2 ~ I am thankful for common "luxuries" such as shelter, a vehicle, a full refrigerator, clean running water, and heat (on these cool autumn mornings).

Nov 3 ~ I am thankful for the precious boy that belongs to the sweet little singing voice I am listening to in the baby monitor at the moment. Oh, how much better my life has become...Oh, how it's not about me anymore...Oh, how blessed I am...

Nov 4 ~ I am thankful for the gift of laughter. Of course friends and family are the main source, but there's one other source I rely on for some gut-busting laughter...a blogging "friend" named BooMama. She has me in stitches with nearly every post she writes. She is quite clever with her word choice and it just makes me happy to read her silly musings. Today, I am thankful for BooMama.

Nov 5 ~ I am thankful for my bathroom scale. I have lost 10 pounds since October 18!!

Nov 6 ~ I am thankful for MY MOM!! I could write page after page and use adjective after adjective to describe her and just how much I love her. The words that describe her the best would have to be: amazing, loving, selfless, patient, helpful, compassionate, thoughtful, and generous. I am so thankful that out of all the moms, God put me with her!! She's coming for a visit today and I am quite excited!!

Nov 7 ~ I am thankful for sewing time today! I made great progress on a quilt top I am making for Owen's birthday!! It's 11 rows of 20 squares to represent his birthday (11-20)!! I can't wait to see it finished. Now, I am off to play on the floor with my handsome little man. Ahhh, Sunday evenings!!

Nov 8 ~ I am thankful for every type of friend there is...those I see weekly, those I see every 5 years, elementary and junior high friends, high school and college friends, friends that live nearby as well as those that live far away, those I have taught with and even teachers I have learned from. My life's memories have friends sprinkled throughout and I am so thankful!

Nov 9 ~ I am thankful for the "unit" that is my parents!! I already described my mom's best qualities on Saturday, so here goes for my dad. He is the most incredible man I know...kind, talented, patient, generous, loving, and hard-working!! Together, they are love personified. They are the example I follow for my own marriage. They are as selfless as can be. They are the best parents a girl could EVER ask for!!!

Nov 10 ~ I am thankful for our sweet, furry children (Olive & Shelby). Olive is my snuggle bug and Shelby is our gentle protector. They have added so much joy to our lives and we love them to pieces.

Nov 11 ~ I am thankful that today is a new day because yesterday I was a G.R.U.M.P. Also, I am thankful for all the fine people in uniform that fight for us so that we can be The Land of the Free. This day reminds me of a funny story that took place last year in my husband's band hall when his middle school students were confused about what day it was…Veteran's Day, Vegetarian's Day, or Veterinarian's Day. He set the record straight!!! Thank you to all the veterans.

Nov 12 ~ I am thankful for Austin's family that became my family on June 26, 2004. I am so blessed with amazing in-laws that I love very much. Everyone from my mother-in-law to my brother-in-law to my father-in-law to aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few more grandparents definitely made my life more complete the moment Austin and I married.

Nov 13 ~ I am thankful for Saturdays!! I don't have a tough day-to-day schedule during the week, but just like the next person, I love weekends!! Austin is home and we get to be with Owen together!! Plus, I get to do load after load after load of laundry!! Who doesn't love that?!?!

Nov 14 ~ I am thankful for the church we've been visiting the last several months. The preacher's sermons make me want to BE more and DO more every single day. It really isn't about me, my life, my agenda, and my hobbies. Oh, how often I forget that. Isn't that the purpose of a sermon? To plant these sort of "thought seeds" in people? Today, I am thankful that seeds are being planted in my thoughts and in my heart!

Taking it day-by-day,

Carianne

No comments:

Post a Comment