Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Hello everyone! Happy Easter to each of you! This has been a very special Easter season with Owen in our lives. Although he is a bit young to understand anything about Jesus and the meaning behind this wonderful holiday, we have enjoyed "introducing" him to some of the things that make Easter so much fun...pastel colors, plastic eggs, Easter baskets filled with goodies, delicious candy, coloring eggs, and so on. (No, we did not feed him any candy, but it has decorated our countertop for a couple weeks now!!) It will be fun to see how different next year will be at this time. As for Easter 2010, we did not take Owen out to hunt eggs. We also did not get his picture made with an oversized, furry, white rabbit at the mall. What we did do is have a fun time with family and a few friends.
On March 24, Owen and Mommy had an in-home photo shoot for some Easter cards and collages. Here are a few of the best from our shoot! What a fun (and cute) kid!!
Owen has really enjoyed time on his back and even time on his tummy. He has turned over from his back to his tummy a couple of times!! It has been really neat to see him move in different ways and soak up the environment in which he lives! He is so observant and we love exposing him to the world! Since we have laminate flooring in our living room, we make soft mats out of blankets and quilts for Owen to play on. He is very much interested in printed designs and bright colors, so luckily, we have plenty of blankets and quilts to satisfy his curiosity!
On April 1, we cut most of Owen's hair off. It started out in my mind that he needed a trim in the front. As I looked at the other parts of his hair, it was decided that he needed the ear area and back trimmed quite a bit too. Once the haircut was a done deal, I felt so much regret. I immediately missed those long "bangs." I know hair grows (thank goodness) but I really felt bad for cutting so much off the front. Owen looks COMPLETELY different now...still cute as a bug, but different!
We started out by putting him in his Bumbo on top of the card table and wrapping a pillow case around his neck. Have you ever seen anything so stinkin' cute????
I didn't think so!
Here are the before pictures.
And here is the little stud following his so-called trim...
Drastic? Yes!! I am sooooo ready for it to grow back! Grow hair, grow!!!
On Good Friday, my mom came from Odessa to spend the day with us. During our visit, we dyed some Easter eggs! How much fun!!
On Saturday night, Austin's mom came over to continue the egg-coloring fun! Kyle and Casey also came over, so we had lots of fun playing games, coloring eggs, and being entertained by the little guy!
Here are a few pictures of our little family of three all ready for church. If you are thinking Owen's eyes look tired...you are right!! He was a bit sleepy and slept all the way to Brownfield.
God bless you all this wonderful time of year,
Carianne

3 comments:

  1. happy easter to you, too! what a precious family! he is getting too big! love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter, but I do miss Owen's hair...he looks so different! What a cute family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cousin! It's so funny to see all of his hair and haircuts. I couldn't even think of doing haircuts with my boys until they were 2....they were BALD BABIES!!!! :) You look great and I like your green easter theme.

    ReplyDelete