Here we are during our senior year. December 1996 (17 years old)


And....here we are this past summer. July 2009 (all grown up)


Our plans while in the company of this dear friend and her husband include lots of eating, visiting, playing with Owen, laughing, watching movies, playing games, etc. There is always fun to be had when the Usserys are around! We are planning on staying in Dallas until Monday morning and then will be heading back to good ol' Lubbock to enjoy the rest of Spring Break. We are still unsure which days we will be heading to Odessa, but that, too, will be a fun time.
There is really not much to report these days. Our lives are not terribly exciting, so thank you to those of you who voluntarily come to this site every eight to ten days to read about my ramblings. Your devotion means a great deal to me. :)
Ok, now back to our not-so-exciting lives...I am down to only 6 students, so I am more "stay at home mom" than I am "tutor and homeschool teacher." I really love being able to say that! Austin is working hard as a middle school band director and happy to get home in the afternoons to see his favorite little man!
Speaking of little man...Owen is growing and changing all the time. I feel like I keep saying that but without too much detail. I also feel like I am falling behind when it comes to pinpointing and documenting every new little thing. It seems like there are so many "new little things" that, simply said, add up to wonderful, happy, fun-filled days! He is cooing alot now, playing more interactively with his toys, and continuing to smile all the time.
Below are pictures of Owen and a couple of his favorite toys. Just a few days ago, he grabbed on to the one of three rings that make music on his bouncer. Of course I went on and on (and on and on) telling him how proud I was.

He really likes his colorful interactive puppy and all the things it says to him. The heart lights up, so it captures his attention every time I pull it out to play. It has been exciting introducing him to some of his toys and play centers. Our living room looks like a Toys R Us stockroom, but we are having a fun time with it all.

Owen developed croup and a cold this past week, but he is nearly over it! His cough and sneezing have not bothered him much. Well, I guess I should say that he hasn't acted like all the congestion has been bothering him!
Here are a few additional pictures of the little guy. Oh, and the last picture is Olive in the midst of a really tough day! Haha!













Happy weekend to all!
:) Carianne


OH MY GRAVY!! When I opened up my blog and saw your blog listed on our blog roll and saw that Sears picture of us - I just starting laughing out loud at my desk ... WOW! Oh the memories though - I think we still look pretty good! We are VERY much looking foward to seeing you guys this weekend and CANNOT wait to meet Owen - hooray!
ReplyDeleteHaving a sleepless night in Shreveport, so thought I would blog hop....Enjoyed my stop here...What adorable pictures...and love your design
ReplyDeleteTeresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/