Owen says, "What?!?!?!?!?!?! It's already March???"
I really like the back!






This weekend was Austin's 30th birthday! Thursday evening, Austin and I went out to Red Lobster with some date money we had left from Christmas. On Friday, Austin's mom took us out to Texas Roadhouse. We came back to our house afterwards for Peanut Butter Chip Cheesecake that I made earlier that day. Late Saturday afternoon, my mom and dad came to town to take Austin out for more delicious food. This time, we ended up at Carino's. After that, we went back home for homemade chocolate cream pie that I made Saturday afternoon. Finally, the calorie-fest came to an end on Sunday with Austin's grandmother hosting a pot roast/potato/carrot meal made by his mom. That was, of course, followed by a yummy dessert, too! We had THE BEST cheesecake I have ever had!!! It was ordered from a bakery in a small nearby town. (Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera for any of the celebrations.) Austin got several wonderful gifts, but this one from Owen was one of his favorites! Feel free to count, but there are 30 Diet Cokes!!
So, now that the coconut shrimp, chopped sirloin, bowtie festival, and pot roast have all been digested, I am back on the healthier-eating wagon!!! It was definitely a nice weekend with food and family, but I am glad things are back to a more normal type of menu.
On Friday, I got my hair cut. It had been about 7 months since I had a haircut, so I was ready for a change! I took a picture of a hairstyle I liked with me to the salon, but ended up walking out with hair that looked VERY LITTLE like the picture. I have not had bangs in several years, so I chose to go that route again...I just had no idea I would end up with SO MANY bangs!! Oh well. I have only fixed it a couple times, but it seems easy enough. Once the bangs grow out a little, I will have other styling options. Until then, this is how I look these days:
We have some fun plans coming up this month! The second weekend in March, we are loading up the car and taking the little guy to Dallas for a visit! We will be getting into the Dallas area late Friday night and staying with my Uncle Lon and Aunt Kathy. Saturday around lunchtime, we will be meeting up with my very best friend, Riley, and her husband, John. We are looking forward to time spent with family and friends.
The following weekend, we will be going to Odessa to visit my family.
The week between these two weekends is Spring Break, so we will most likely just hang out at home. Our yard is in need of some major attention, but we'll just have to wait and see how that goes!!
Owen has started laughing more purposefully in the last couple of weeks (as opposed to random squeals that showed his delight). He also began making adorable clicking noises with his tongue. Here are some recent pictures of our sweet little man! 













And with that heart-melting smile, I say good bye.
Have a wondertul week.
:) Carianne


Precious pics!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie - I can't wait to meet him and hold him next month!!
ReplyDeleteDuh - I meant next week...sheesh!!
ReplyDelete