- A few months ago, Owen started saying "What do I smell like?" Of course he meant, "What do I smell?" It was cute while it lasted, but now, he'll say it correctly. Just this morning when we were outside playing, he said "I hear a lawnmower. What do I smell?" I told him he smelled grass and then he went on playing.
- In the last couple weeks, Owen is into asking for one more of something, and then one more, and then one more...you get the idea. Without really paying too much attention, we must have been trying to put a stop to it subliminally by saying "Here's one last fill-in-the-blank" instead of just "No, no more!" What Owen decided to concoct in his sweet little head has gone something like this:
Austin or me: (hands him one M&M without saying anything)
Owen: "Can I have one more M&M?"
Austin or me: (hands him one M&M) "Ok, this is your last one."
Owen: "Can I have one last M&M and no more after this?"
Austin or me: (in disbelief that he put it all together that way) "Yes, son." (and then gets up to go put M&Ms away)
- A few days ago, Owen asked me a question. I have no idea what the question was, but as I started to answer him, he said "I'm sorry, but I don't have no idea what you are talking about." I kid you not! I looked at him strangely and said, "What do you mean? I just answered your question." He looks at me shaking his head and says again, "I'm sorry, but I don't have no idea what you are talking about." Oh my goodness.
Mother of a 2-year-old comedian,
Carianne


We will still be around when you catch up. We hope to keep up with ours too... :) you're doing great!
ReplyDelete