Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crafting with my boy!!

On Sunday, two of the three of us didn't feel up to getting out of bed and getting ready for church.  Austin and I have been fighting off head cold and sinus stuff for several days and just needed a little extra rest on Sunday.  Not only that, but Sunday came at the end of a VERY exhausting week!  We love our church and everything church-related, but we just couldn't make it this week. 

Austin was a little worse off than me (low-grade fever) so he went back to bed after breakfast.  I was feeling a little better after being up and around so Owen and I got to work on a precious Christmas craft project I saw here in Family Fun magazine.  Normally, I just stick magazines on our bookshelf with dozens of other magaines I rarely have time to read without so much as even flipping through them.  I probably would have done the same with this one had I not flipped through this same one at work.  The Chistmas tree craft caught my attention.  I didn't know when Owen and I would work on this, but I knew we could do it at some point!!  Sunday morning seemed like the perfect time...jammies and all!  

I cut the cardboard out on Saturday night as well as identical cutouts from red and green file folders.  One night of sleep, a set of Crayola markers, some fun-foam cutouts, glue, jingle bells, floral wire, and ONE HANDSOME 2-YEAR-OLD later...and we have our first (of hopefully many) Christmas craft(s)!           

Telling me the color name of the first marker he chose.



What a sweetie!

Doing a great job coloring!  Sometimes he holds writing instruments correctly and sometimes he doesn't.  He's about half and half in this picture.  From these pictures, it looks like he's going to be right-handed! 

CUTE!!  So proud that he's mine!  

Here he is holding the marker the wrong way! 

...and the wrong way with his left hand...



LOVE his tongue in this picture!  Back to the right hand again.   

Taking a little break!

Time for glue and fun-foam pieces I found in my craft tote.



He picked out each piece and where it was going to go.  He did a great job with the glue too.  I helped very little with any of it! 


There's the tongue again.  Such concentration! 





Not sure what to think of this expression.

After holding several of the jingle bells for me to thread the floral wire through, Owen was finished with his first Christmas craft!   

Well, almost!  I told Owen we needed a cross or a star on the top of the tree so he picked the yellow pipe cleaner.  You can hardly see it but at the base of the green side that is showing, I wrote "Owen 2 years old / Christmas 2011"  

What a fun and memorable morning with my sweet boy!
  
May you all have a wonderful December!
Carianne

1 comment:

  1. This are just precious. What a fun memory Christmas crafting with your little cutie! I know it's the first of many Christmas crafts to come in his life.

    ReplyDelete