Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Father's Day -- a few months late

It's no secret that I am WAAAAAY behind on posting pictures.  I get as far as transferring them from the camera onto the hard drive (organized into folders by month)...and there they sit.  It's quite a time-consuming chore to look through them all while deciding if any need to be deleted, deciding which ones should be used in a post, renaming each picture, and then resizing them so they aren't huge files.  Just now, I decided to go back through my June folder to see what I had yet to post.  Apparently, I missed out on a Father's Day post.  Oooops.

It was June 18...a whopping three-and-a-half months ago.  Wow.

I remember that we all had a very nice day together.  As you probably guessed, I can't remember what all we did...where we ate, if we went out to eat or if we stayed at home, what time of day Austin opened his presents, etc.  I do know that somewhere in the midst of it all, we went to a nearby duck pond.  I captured a few precious pictures of my two favorite boys in all the world. 

Here they are:

Is this not the BEST picture?  I love it with ALL my heart!







Later that afternoon, I had these two things (pictured below) made.  The pair of pictures is actually a 2-picture collage I ordered at walmart.com and the handprint was made in our garage with scrapbook paper, black paint, and a semi-cooperative Owen!!  Haha!  We (Owen and I) ended up ruining the little red onesie he is wearing in the pictures, so it had to be thrown away.  I guess I thought the craft paint would wash out.  Wrong.

Both of these are now in Austin's band hall office and add a sweet, personal touch to his desk and wall.   



Austin is such a wonderful father!  He is an excellent provider, a fair disciplinarian, a Godly example, a confident leader, a cuddly snuggler, a creative tower-builder, a gentle wrestler, a fun music teacher, and a safe haven to run to.  Owen and I are blessed to have such a fabulous man to call Daddy and Husband.  

Thank you, Austin, for all you do for us!  

Love,
Carianne and Owen   

No comments:

Post a Comment