Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

If You're Happy and You Know It...Installment Three



·      The gift of imagination – I remember using my imagination a great deal when I was younger!  It was so fun to play/interact with toys as if they were real, make just what I needed for playtime out of craft supplies, build tents out of chairs and blankets, write stories, read books as if the characters were my real-life friends, and so on.  The gift of imagination is just that --- a gift!
  
·      Starting motherhood – As I recently told my best friend --- being a mother has made my life 100% better and 100% different.  Life isn’t about me, my to do list, my projects, my agenda, my schedule, my needs, or a clean house anymore.  It just isn’t.  Instead, my job of caring for, playing with, teaching, feeding, reading to, bathing, chasing, and best of all --- loving --- a God-sent little boy have made my life better.  Richer.  Complete.      

·      Bowling balls – I LOVE bowling!  What a fun way to spend time with family and friends.  I even owned my own bowling ball for many years…an 8-pound blue swirled ball in a purple bag.  If I had my way, I would go bowling every weekend!  SO MUCH FUN!!  What is sad is that I cannot remember the last time I stepped foot in a bowling alley.  Sad!!   

·      Clean hands – I am borderline OCD when it comes to washing my hands.  People laugh at me when I (rarely) ask Austin to salt/pepper something for me or (more often) ask him to squeeze ketchup onto my plate.  I guess technically, I don't even have to ask anymore!  He just knows when to squeeze and when to season.  What a sweetheart!  I always wash my hands after handling a menu or buffet utensils.  I also use a paper towel or my shirt to open a bathroom door once I have washed my hands.  Have you ever stopped to think how many people touch that stuff…or the back of the chair you are sitting in once you get back to the table?  Ugg.  Gross.  No wonder I have such dry hands much of the time.  This next statement goes without saying!  My BFF, Lotion, is an important part of my life!! 

·      Lackadaisical Sunday afternoons – I remember Sundays when church and lunch were over and it was NAP TIME!!!  Oh, there is just something about a Sunday nap that says relaxed, recharged, and ready to face a new week.  Man, I miss those!  J

·      Warm loving arms – I love hugs, whether they come from my sweet husband, my mom or dad, a loving relative, an old friend, or (hopefully soon) my amazing toddler!!  A hug is such a special way to show someone you care.  A shared love.  An emotional connection.  Perfection.    

·      Fluffing up the pillows – A fluffed pillow with a cold pillowcase surrounding it are an absolutely phenomenal combination.   

·      A bag of M&Ms all to yourself – That whole marketing strategy behind a “Tear and Share” bag of M&Ms…formerly “King Size”… yeah, that’s a JOKE!!  Who can share a bag of M&Ms?  Not me!!  What is it about those mouth-watering gems of deliciousness that have you/me going back for more!?!?!  Mmmm.   

·      Looking up how a word is spelled – If all the people of the world would take a moment to look up an unknown word before using it…in writing, in texting, in typing, on facebook, etc…this world would be a better place.  I feel that a dictionary is a wonderful resource and even better, it’s free to everyone!!!  www.dictionary.com is a website I visit often when I need spelling help.  It only takes half a minute and ta-da!!  Intelligence wins over laziness!  Three cheers for intelligence!   

·      Complimentary items – Who doesn’t like free?  I love free.  Free fits perfectly into my budget!   

·      Letting go of a struggle – Man, I do what I can, but sometimes letting go of a struggle is…well…a struggle!  It’s hard for me to not be in control of every situation, but the more I pray for this “letting go” in my life, the better it seems to get.  Thank you, God, for allowing me to dump it all in Your hands and leave it there!  

·      A very happy birthday – Birthdays are the best, even if it does mean getting older!  Celebrating with friends, family, a meal, cake, candles, singing, cards, presents, balloons, etc is so enjoyable!  Not only do I love my own birthdays (despite the whole getting older part), I find joy in helping another person have the best of days!  How nice it is to know a smile was put on their face because of something thoughtful I did.     

·      Learning an interesting fact – Just because I like to learn interesting facts from time to time does not mean I remember them all.  My brain seems to rid itself of interesting facts faster than the brain of the next person.  Something I did learn recently (and surprisingly enough…remembered!!!) is that San Angelo is the largest city in the United States not accessible from an interstate!  Thanks to my little bro for passing that along to my big bro who then passed it on to me (indirectly) while sharing the info with a friend!      

·      What you pray for – Answered prayers are, of course, what everyone wants, but I can see where unanswered prayers are to be cherished as well.  I have so many people and situations on my heart these days.  It is comforting to be able to talk to our Lord while He hears all the praises, worries, fears, and stresses from within me.   

·      Sitting next to your best friend – What a lovely thought…in a coffee shop, on a park bench, on an airplane, in a sports arena, in a car, at a concert…wherever, whenever…it would mean that Riley and I are together! 

·      Refrigerator magnets – I don’t seek out refrigerator magnets but I sure do love cute ones.  I hang various things on the fridge but still like to keep a clean, organized look.  Right now I have a hodge podge collection of magnets, so perhaps I can be on the lookout when I am out and about.  Various shapes, sizes, colors, designs interest me and add a little artsy flair to the kitchen!     

·      Foods that crunch – Mmm. From chips to candies and cookies to crackers and raw veggies to nuts, I love crunchy, texture-filled foods!   

·      Hot French rolls – Yum!  My mouth waters at the mere thought…

·      Messy morning hair – This is for you Riley ***with fingers spread wide and the back of my hand resting against my forehead representing my bangs on so many of our sleepover mornings*** HAHAHA!!! 

·      Fresh-smelling rooms – Bath and Body Works wallflowers, Glade scented oil plug ins, scented candles, my fairly new Scentsy, gel air fresheners hidden on shelves…I have used them all and I love them all!!!  Sweet, floral, natural, mouth-watering, cozy, holiday…it doesn’t matter the scent, just as long as it smells good.   

·      Dinner in the Crock Pot – What a neat invention.  Leave it and forget it.  I love those rare times when I pull out the crock pot, fill it full of meats and veggies, and the next thing I know, it’s time to eat!  I hope to start using my crock pot more in the near future!  It saves so much time and makes mealtime a snap. 

·      Plants in your home – I currently have 4 plants that I water and care for.  I love the look and feel of live plants and enjoy the cozy feeling they bring to a room. 

·      Learning from mistakes – It’s comforting to know that something of the past can be turned into something positive for the future.  We all make mistakes, so we may as well learn from them!   

·      Penuche fudge – This is one of my favorite candies made by dear ol’ Mom!  It’s a blonde fudge that is simply to die for!  My brother, Joe, and I tried to make it recently, but it was a big, fat FAIL!!  We tried to take a shortcut and…let’s just say that it wasn’t a wise choice.  Better luck next time, I suppose!   

·      A happy medium – Meeting in the middle, working together, compromising, give and take, cooperation…several things come to mind with this one! 

Hope you all are finding reasons to be happy this spring. 
Carianne

No comments:

Post a Comment