A few quick updates:
Our family is continuing to turn to God for healing and peace following little Deuce's death on May 1. He was honored at the Midland Rockhounds game this past weekend and it filled my heart with happiness to hear his sweet voice fill the ballpark. Of course I smiled through the tears seeing him on the big screen, but at the same time, found my heart to be aching as much or moreso than it has the last several weeks. I miss him so much.
Austin will be halfway done with his Masters degree at the end of this week! I am so proud of him for taking on the challenge of earning his degree and will be equally proud in a couple of summers when he walks across the stage again.
My best friend of nearly 16 years (Riley) will be coming to visit this weekend and I am very much looking forward to seeing her! Since she lives in Dallas and I in Lubbock, we just aren't able to get together as much as we would like! Did I mention that we both have CRAZY schedules, too? Anyway...we have come up with a plan to change some of that! We call our plan "Seasons of Friendship." What that means is that we have agreed to make sure we have a weekend to ourselves every season of the year! During each visit (starting with this weekend), we are going to exchange a recipe that we have tried since our last visit, a $10 gift of our choosing, and a greeting card to be opened once we have said our goodbyes and are on our way back to our respective homes. It will most definitely be a fun, fun time! There is always fun to be had when Riley and Carianne get together!
I guess that is all of my updating for today. Stay tuned for a post early next week highlighting Owen as he turns 7 months old! Look at his sweet little face!
Good day to all of you,
Carianne


What a cutie Owen is...can't wait to squeeze him this weekend! Looking forward to loads of fun :)
ReplyDelete